2014 Maverik Hooked on Utah Contest
Maverik inc. their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively referred to hereinafter as either the “Company” or “Sponsor”) will conduct the 2014 Maverik Hooked on Utah Contest (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes” or “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agree as follows:
1. Description of Contest:
A winning participant must enter by texting “hooked2mav” to 46786 or mail in entry. The winning participant will one (1) guest appearance on one episode on the TV show Hooked on Utah 2014 season (Grand Prize).
2. Dates of Contest:
Contest: The Contest will begin on or about 12:01 AM PST February 16, 2014 and end on or about 11:59 PM PST Sunday March 16, 2014.
3. How to Enter: Two (2) ways
1. “Text Hooked2mav” to 46786 to be entered to win an appearance on the TV show Hooked on Utah. Participant may only enter once per phone number. Cell services data messages may apply.
2. By filling out a 3 X 5 card to include Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Adventure Club Card Number and Date of Birth and mailing it to: 2014 Maverik Hooked on Utah Contest ATTN: Sweepstakes Entry, Maverik, Inc. 880 W Center Street, North Salt Lake, UT 84054. No more than one (1) entry per envelope
NO AUTOMATED ENTRIES: Auto entries are prohibited. You must fill out your own entry form without the use of any automated sweepstakes entry filling services or form filling services. The use of any automated, programmed, robotic or similar system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries filled out by anyone other than you will be disqualified.
WINNER’S LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winner’s List Address below. Mail must be received by the Winner’s List Request Deadline of no later than 11:59 _PST1» March 23, 2014. List will be sent once all prizes have been awarded. Winner’s List Request must be addressed to: 2014 Maverik Hooked on Utah Contest ATTN: Sweepstakes Entry, Maverik, Inc. 880 W Center Street, North Salt Lake, UT 84054.
LIMIT ON ENTRIES: The Contest is free of charge, limit one entry per person per method of entry.
4. Other Requirements: All information must be present. No Purchase necessary. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE (as of October 14, 2013) AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZE(S) MUST BE DELIVERABLE TO AN ADDRESS IN COLORADO, IDAHO, UTAH, OR WYOMING.
5. Prize(s), Eligibility, and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents at least required age as determined by the Company on or before Contest Start Date. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of radio or television stations advertising or promoting the Contest, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s),remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
THE DRAWING: Winner will be selected by random drawing from eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing date will be on or about March 23, 2014.
PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email, phone, or mail within one (1) week of the drawing. If after a reasonable number of attempts during a day (as determined by Company in their sole discretion)contact is not made with winner, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Winner by accepting these rules, acknowledges and affirms that they meet the Contest rules’ eligibility requirements and agree to the publicity/liability set forth below or prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner for forfeited prizes may be selected at sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Entry Forms. 3 X 5 Card Entries must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions are permitted.
7. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize that are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification, mailing address, and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes may receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who Company believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Company and are final. Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
10. Miscellaneous. Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available by mail with written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope at the address indicated above, or may be read on this website http://hookedonutah.com/. All entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PRIZE, WINNERS MUSTSIGN AN OFFICIAL WAIVER FORM PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THECONTEST, EACH ENTRANT, PARTICIPANT OR WINNER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL, MAVERIK, INC., SPONSORS, CONTEST PARTIES, CONTEST PROVIDERS AND ALLTHEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES,SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER SPONSOR OR PROVIDER (COLLECTIVELY“RELEASEE(S)”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THEM FROM,ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OFANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIESAND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES,AND COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING OR RESULTING FROM ANYTHING RELATINGTO:
THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION,ADMINISTRATION OR EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IT);
CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION ORRESCHEDULING OF ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST;
OF ANY WEB SITE(S) RELATED TO THECONTEST OR MATERIALS ON THE WEB SITE;
ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, ORNONUSE OF THE PRIZE; OR
PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO ANYCONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
LIMITATIONS: Neither Company nor any other Releasees are responsible for: lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email; any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, Internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues; unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction; or other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, game piece requests or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, promotion, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes.
TAMPERING/VIOLATIONS/DISRUPTION: Company may, in its sole determination, disqualify any person it believes may be tampering with the entry or other operation of the Contest or acting in violation of the rules, in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELYUNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINALAND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSONOR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
CANCELLATION/MODIFICATION: Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if the Contest is not capable of running as Company planned for any reason (including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, fraud, technical or human error or any other causes which Company, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or intended conduct of this Sweepstakes).
EMAIL ACCOUNT HOLDER: If the holder of an email account is disputed, entry will be deemed made by the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, school, etc.) that assigns e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address.
NO PRIZE WARRANTY: WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZESARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS ORIMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OFMERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and the local or state jurisdictions in which the Contest is eligible, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Company’s hall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
Governing Law and Venue. The laws of the State of Utah, excluding the rules of conflicts of law, shall govern this and all matters arising out of or related to this Contest. The parties, including Contest winners, hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Salt Lake County, Utah. Each party expressly agrees that it is subject to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for purposes of such litigation. Each party hereby waives and covenants not to assert any claim that is not subject to personal jurisdiction in those courts or that venue in those courts is for any reason improper, inconvenient, prejudicial or otherwise inappropriate (including, without limitation, any claim under the judicial doctrine of forum non conveniens).